Individual Lactation Consultation
Nourish offers in-office, home visit or telephone lactation consults!
Our lactation consultant, Marianne Kmak, RN, BSN, IBCLC, (formerly of the Denver nonprofit group, The Lactation Program, which closed late 2009) works with Nourish moms who are in need of specialized help. Marianne is a well-respected expert in her field and has valuable experience as a nurse and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Marianne Neifert, MD, MTS, FAAP, nationally known as Dr. Mom®, is our Breastfeeding Medical Advisor.
Why Would You Need a Lactation Consult?
- You're new to breastfeeding and would like some help and guidance.
- You are pregnant and planning to breastfeed and would like to learn and/or problem solve about the best way to get a great start - especially if you tried breastfeeding in the past and are hoping to have a better experience this time.
- You are expecting or have twins (or more)!
- You want to learn the ins and outs of using your breastpump.
- You're experiencing pain, tenderness, soreness and/or frustration with breastfeeding - perhaps even cracking, scabbing or bleeding.
- You dread feeding your baby due to nipple/breast tenderness.
- Your baby is not gaining weight as quickly as hoped.
- You find it's difficult to latch the baby or the baby won't stay on the breast.
- You're going back to work and would like to formulate a plan for success.
- You feel like your milk hasn't come in within 3-5 days after birth.
- You don't feel that your breasts soften after feedings (full, heavy, uncomfortable).
- You are breastfeeding and are tearful and sad, overwhelmed and/or anxious, having difficulty sleeping, having thoughts of harming your baby or yourself. You're just not feeling like yourself.
- You've had breast surgery.
- Rates are $80 per hour billed in 15-minute increments.
- A deposit of $20 (15 minutes) is taken for new clients when the appointment is scheduled and will be deducted from the total visit cost.
- A typical in-office appointment is about 1.5 hours and you’ll leave our office with a PLAN!
- Phone consults are also available at the same rate.
- If for any reason a HOME VISIT works better for you, please call us to discuss. An additional fee and certain restrictions apply.
To Schedule a Consult
- Call Nourish at 303.741.2550 and press 0. If we’re on the other line or you’re calling in desperation at 2 a.m., please leave a message! We’ll call you back to schedule an appointment.
- To expedite the process, click here to create a profile and pay the $20 deposit. Next, either call the office or send us an
and tell us why you’d like to come in for a consult or a phone consult and when would work best for you. If you call early in the day, we are likely to schedule you that same day.