Individual Lactation Consultation
Marianne recently opened her new home office and you may call 303.741.2550 x2 to leave her a message and schedule an in-office, home visit or telephone lactation consult. If you call early in the day, you are likely to be scheduled that same day.
Marianne Kmak, RN, BSN, IBCLC, of Kmak Breastfeeding Support Service, works with Nourish moms who are in need of specialized help. Marianne is a well-respected expert in her field and has valuable experience as a nurse and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Marianne Neifert, MD, MTS, FAAP, nationally known as Dr. Mom®, is Nourish's Breastfeeding Medical Advisor.
Why Would You Need a Lactation Consult?
- You're new to breastfeeding and would like some help and guidance.
- You are pregnant and planning to breastfeed and would like to learn and/or problem solve about the best way to get a great start - especially if you tried breastfeeding in the past and are hoping to have a better experience this time.
- You are expecting or have twins (or more)!
- You want to learn the ins and outs of using your breastpump.
- You're experiencing pain, tenderness, soreness and/or frustration with breastfeeding - perhaps even cracking, scabbing or bleeding.
- You dread feeding your baby due to nipple/breast tenderness.
- Your baby is not gaining weight as quickly as hoped.
- You find it's difficult to latch the baby or the baby won't stay on the breast.
- You're going back to work and would like to formulate a plan for success.
- You feel like your milk hasn't come in within 3-5 days after birth.
- You don't feel that your breasts soften after feedings (full, heavy, uncomfortable).
- You are breastfeeding and are tearful and sad, overwhelmed and/or anxious, having difficulty sleeping, having thoughts of harming your baby or yourself. You're just not feeling like yourself.
- You've had breast surgery.